Tuesday, March 8, 2022

March 8th: End of the Day

Kia ora whānau,

It has been great to talk to a lot of you this week and hear more about our child.

Today I would like to give you some insight into how we close out our days in Room 9. There are two think that we always do: one is a reflection where the children ask each other the question "He aha ngā taonga o te rā?" or what were their treasure/favourite parts of the day. We always finish with a closing karakia which is always at the end of the weekly learning plans that I have been posting on the Kauri Site.  These are both important parts of our daily routines.

If we have a few spare minutes, a popular game recently has been "Wink Assassin". Perhaps you are familiar with this game, but it involves all children closing their eyes. I then select one to be the assassin. This child then opens their eyes and commences to wink at other children. Another child is selected as the detective and their job is to work out who the assassin is as their classmates are eliminated from the game by his or her winks. I think this is a nice way to build an atmosphere of fun and friendship in the class.






1 comment:

  1. I really like that you made a new game,that looks very fun! I love pool noodles so I bet I would love that game!
    Sophie Room 8

    ReplyDelete