Friday, November 5, 2021

November 5th Update from Greg

Kia ora tātou,

I hope you are all well.

A few of you have made a start on your statistical enquiry so thank you. We will see what topics you have in mind today during our Zoom meeting and do some brainstorming together.

I hope you enjoyed the Drawasaurus game – we can do that another time as well. Today I would like to play Taboo. This is a game which can be played without using a website. I will send individual students a word that they have to make the rest of the class guess. However, there will also be some keywords that you cannot say, along with the main word that you want your classmates to guess. For example:

I might say "Tell the time." "What time is it? Do have a ____?" Hopefully someone will guess "WATCH" but I am not allowed to say "clock", "wrist" or "look".

I want everyone to continue with their statistical enquires today. Everyone has other tasks to work on too – please share your work with me by putting in your HES folders or emailing me photos. I have added another set of vocabulary on ailments to the te re Māori Hauora lesson so you can try that too. If anyone else wants more reading material, please let me know.

Have a great weekend!

Greg 

3 comments:

  1. hi this is Alex will you be emailing the cards to us or privately chating in zoom

    ReplyDelete
  2. well if you emailing them to us then i probably cant play because i forgot my school password

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alex. Sorry about the late reply. When we play Taboo on Zoom I will always send the clues via Zoom chat as a direct message.

    ReplyDelete