Tuesday, October 19, 2021

October 19 Update from Greg

Kia ora everyone,

I am sure you have all seen the news that we are all in Level 3 to at least the end of the week. Let's hope we can go back to school next week.

I have created weekly Pāngarau plans for all groups. These have been shared with you all and you can also find them under the Pāngarau Links on the right-hand side of the blog. We made a lot of progress with fractions in Term 3 so I want to extend these concepts this week. When we are back in class, we will move onto some Statistics as a new Pāngarau topic. I would like to see more of your attempt the new maths challenges that I posted yesterday too. Please add your comments on the bottom of the blog on the Pāngarau page or you can also send some step-by-step photos of your solution to the coin challenge to me.

How are the Daily 5 Pānui tasks going? Please let me know if you have any questions. Remember to try to guess the meanings of the words from the text before you use a dictionary when you work on the Word Attack strategies. You all have more inferencing questions too. If you want any extra practice for this, you can do more of the inferencing activity using pictures

This term one of your focuses for te reo Māori is Hauora (Health) so I have created an Education Perfect activities on sports people which have been assigned to you all. 

Did you see the photos of our catapults on the blog? If you think you can make an even better catapult at home with different materials, please do! Send me a a photo with a description of your design for me to add to the blog. You can add some evidence (think measurement) to explain how awesome your design is too!

I know it's a pain not having your books with you, but you can continue to work on scrap paper which you can glue into your books later. So you have plenty to work on for now! I will add more tasks tomorrow.

Kia kaha and keep in touch! It was great to hear from some of you yesterday,
Greg

5 comments:

  1. You have a spelling mistake because you wrote “I bave created weekly panui” instead of “I have created weekly panui”.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for picking up on my typo, Elliott! I am glad you are reading closely. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Greg I made a catapult and sent it to your email 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris! Thank you so much – I have seen your email and replied. :)

      Delete