Wednesday, October 20, 2021

October 20 Update from Greg

Kia ora tātou,

I hope everyone is well. The weather has been nice so I also hope that you have spent some time (safely) outside in the sunshine.

How is everyone going with the Pānui and Pāngarau work? It is great to hear from some of you, so please let me know if you have any questions or if you need any help.

So far this year we have looked at report writing, character and setting profiles and procedural writing. Today I would like to introduce persuasive writing. You can find a new Google slide under the Tuhituhi heading at the top of the blog. I have given an example of a piece of persuasive writing with my explanations. I would like you to choose a topic and write your own piece of persuasive writing (you can find the topics on the last page of the Google slide). 

Just like with the other types of writing that we have done, your writing should follow these three steps:
1. Make a plan (You can see a planning template in the Google slide – you don't need to print this, instead you can make a plan on a piece of paper.)
2. Write (You should have five paragraphs: an introduction, three main body paragraphs and a conclusion.)
3. Use the checklist (This is on the second-to-last page of the Google slide.)

You can do your planning and writing on a piece of paper which you can glue into your Tuhituhi books when we are back at school. You can also do your writing digitally. Please share any writing you do with me. You can take photos and send them to me or share your digital work with me (gparkinson@hameast.school.nz).

I have heard you use persuasive language in the class so I look forward to seeing your writing! Just remember that you are telling the reader why they should agree with you.

Stay safe!
Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment